I’d been planning to make this list for a while now, but then completely forgot about it. I was reminded of it when someone posted theirs on a message board I frequent. So here’s my list of things I’ve learned in 2007.
* I have learned that some of the worst things that happen to you will, with time and the right attitude, seem like some of the best.
* I have learned that life is not black and white, actions never right or wrong. My biggest enemy may be your most loyal friend. We’re all shades of grey.
* I have learned to compromise on many things, but never to compromise on honesty– whether in giving or receiving.
* I have learned that as scary as it sometimes is, I have to be willing to walk away.
* I have learned that inflicting pain on others will not make your own pain go away. Any infliction of pain on you is a cry for help. Help if you can, else get out of the way.
* I have learned that admitting your mistakes and shortcomings doesn’t make you pathetic; it makes you strong.
* I have learned that when you do your work with peace, patience and dignity, good things find you automatically.
* The most important lesson I have learned: When in doubt, dance.
Also check out this brilliant list by fellow group member Rachel C. Weingarten: