I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night if I didn’t give out book recommendations before the year end. It was a tough decision, but I have, after many many hours of deliberation, chosen my top picks of 2007.
The books I chose from were the books I read this year and I haven’t considered when they were published. The finalists are books that made me laugh, touched me, or changed me in some way. An important factor was also how painful it was to give some of them away (I give away ALL my books).
There were 80 contenders. 6 finalists. One clear winner. Here then, are my choices:
- Naked by David Sedaris
- Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Way to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron
- The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan
- The Pact: A Love Story by Jodi Picoult
- Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
And the winner is …
- Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami